- Planning & Building
- Contractor License
When registering for a contractor's license, you will do so in Cascade. Not this website under Civic Plus.
Before applying for a license with the City of Fort Lupton
You must register as a contractor ("Register as Contractor") or homeowner ("Register as Public") first. Tutorial videos detailing the registration process can be found here. Once you have been validated by the City of Fort Lupton. You will then be given more access to your account with Cascade. (Note: Cascade isn't supported by Google Chrome and Internet Explorer)
**NEW** Renewing Your License
It's that time of year again. All licenses will expire on December 31st. If you are renewing your license. There is no need for a paper application, as Cascade replaces that. All you need to do is review the information in your account. i.e. address, phone numbers, email, users, insurance, and state certifications (if applicable) Once all of that information is complete and up to date. Apply your payment(s). Then an email notification will be sent to the Building Department that your license is ready for renewal.
Plumbing & Electrical State Certificates will expire this year (2023) Please upload your accounts once you have the new documents.
Paper applications will still be accepted for those that may not have access to digital resources, please note that your license will still be processed through Cascade so a valid email address is required.
For those contractors applying for more than one type of license, please submit payment for each license and check all trades you are applying for. For example, if you are applying for Plumbing and HVAC your payment should be in the amount of $150.00
Types of Building Licenses & Fees
- General Contractor-Classes A-C $150.00
- Building Contractor- Classes D-E- $75.00
- Electrical Contractor (state certification required)- No annual fee
- Plumbing Contractor-Class P (state certification required) $75.00
- Contemporaneous Reviews of Electrical and Plumbing Licenses
- Mechanical Contractor- Class M- $75.00
- Tree Trimmer/Landscaper- $5.00
- House Mover- Fees based on inspections & mileage
Licenses will not be issued until the City receives copies of proof for both General Liability Insurance and Worker's Compensation Insurance (if applicable) The City of Fort Lupton must be listed as the Certificate Holder.
**We are kindly requesting all insurance certificates to be emailed to the Building Department or uploaded into Cascade. If your insurance is current, there is no need to re-submit until it expires.
- Bodily Injury- $ 300,000.00
- Property Damage- $ 100,000.00
Additional Information- Q & A's
Q. Do I need to keep my license current, for the entire length of the job?
- Yes, you must remain current through the entirety of the project.
Q. What could delay the release of my permit?
- Unlicensed/Expired contractor license(s)
- Missing or additional required document(s)
Q. Why am I not able to choose the permit type, when creating a permit?
- Your license hasn't been fully validated, contact the Building Department to adjust this feature.
Q. Why can't I see my business name when creating a permit?
- This means you are not licensed with the City of Fort Lupton or you may be listed under a different trade.
Q. What licenses will require Colorado State Certification(s)?
Q. How do I schedule an inspection?
- To schedule an inspection, you can call ProCode at 970-305-3161 ext. 1 or you can schedule online at https://procodeinc.net/inspection-request/
Q. Can the homeowner perform their projects?
- Yes, the homeowner can perform their projects.
Q. Can the property owner/tenant of a Commercial Building perform their projects?
- Yes, except Electrical or Plumbing this needs to be a state/city licensed contractor.
Q. Do you require a signed waiver from the property/homeowner to conduct work?
- Yes, we do require to have a signed waiver, allowing the tenant to conduct any type of construction that requires permits.
Q. What do I do if our company's name has changed?
- Please submit a professional letter indicating the changes and submit it to the Building Department
Q: Who needs to be listed as the certificate holder on the insurance?
- Fort Lupton 130 S McKinley Ave Fort Lupton CO 80621
Q. I am licensed in other municipalities, will you accept that license?
- No, Fort Lupton will not accept licensing from other municipalities.
Printing copies of license(s) and/or receipts
Forms of payment accepted
Online payments are now available through the Cascade portal Please note that there is now a 3.95% processing fee for all credit card payments
- Check, Credit card, and/or cash/money order
If you have any questions, please email the Building Department or call us at 303-857-6694.