Contractor License

Before applying for a license with the City of Fort Lupton

You must register as a contractor ("Register as Contractor") or homeowner ("Register as Public") first. Tutorial videos detailing the registration process can be found here. Once you have been validated by the City of Fort Lupton. You will then be given more access to your account with Cascade.(Note: Cascade isn't supported by Google Chrome and Internet Explorer)

Paper Applications

Paper applications will still be accepted for those that may not have access to digital resources, please note that your license will still be processed through Cascade so a valid email address is required.

For those contractors applying for more than one type of license, please submit payment for each license and check all trades you are applying for. For example if you are applying for Plumbing and HVAC your payment should be in the amount of $150.00

Types of Contractors & Fees

Refer to Sec. 6-112

Insurance Certificates

Licenses will not be issued until the City receives copies of proof for both General Liability Insurance and Workers Compensation Insurance (if applicable) The City of Fort Lupton must be listed as the Certificate Holder.

**We are kindly requesting all insurance certificates to be emailed to the Building Department or uploaded into Cascade. If your insurance is current, there is no need to re-submit until it expires. 

Refer to Sec. 6-113

Additional Information- Q & A's

Q. What could delay the release of my permit?

  • Unlicensed/Expired contractor license(s)
  • Missing or additional required document(s)
  • Non payment.

Q. Why am I not able to choose the permit type, when creating a permit?

  • Your license hasn't been fully validated, contact the Building Department to adjust this feature.

Q. Why can't I see my business name when creating a permit?

  • This means you are not licensed with the City of Fort Lupton or you may be listed under a different trade.

Q. What licenses will require Colorado State Certification(s)?

  • Electrical
  • Plumbing

Q. Can the home owner perform their own projects?

  • Yes, the home owner can perform their own projects. 

Q. Can the property owner/tenant of a Commercial Building perform their own projects. 

  • Yes, with the exception of Electrical or Plumbing this needs to be a state/city licensed contractor. 

Q. Do you require a signed waiver from the property/home owner to conduct work?

  • Yes, we do require to have a signed waiver, allowing the tenant to conduct any type of construction that requires permits.

Q. What do I do if our company's name has changed?

  • Please submit a professional letter indicating the changes and submit to the Building Department

Q: Who needs to be listed as the certificate holder on the insurance?

  • Fort Lupton 130 S McKinley Ave Fort Lupton CO 80621

Q. I am licensed in other municipalities, will you accept that license?

  • No, Fort Lupton will not accept licensing from other municipalities.

Q. How do I schedule an inspection?

Printing copies of license(s) and/or receipts

Forms of payment accepted 

 Online payments are now available through the Cascade portal with Global_Payments_Inc._logo.svgPlease note that there is now a 3.95% processing fee for all credit card payments

  • Check, Credit card and/or cash/money order

96-966565_payment-method-icons-png-transparent-png (2)

If you have any questions, please email the Building Department or call us at 303-857-6694.