Contractor licenses expire December 31st of each year.
To apply for a contractor license, please submit the following:
- Application - Please do not use previous years applications.
- Contractors License Application (Spanish)
- Insurance - "The City of Fort Lupton" needs to be listed as the certificate holder
- Electrical/Plumbing (current state licenses)
- Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies aka DORA
The same documentation is required for renewing applications. Failure to submit all required documents may result in a delay of your license. Your license will be available in Cascade.
**We are kindly requesting all insurance certificates to be emailed to the Building Department or uploaded into Cascade**
For those contractors applying for more than one type of license, please submit payment for each license. For example if you are applying for Plumbing and HVAC licenses, the total cost will be $150 ($75 each license).
Global (online) Payments are coming soon!
You may mail your application with a check payable to the City of Fort Lupton; fax your application with a cover page indicating who to contact for credit card payment; or email your application to the Building Department and indicate who to contact for credit card payment.
If you have any questions, please email the Building Department or call us at 303-857-6694.