- Police Department
- Online Reporting Form
Online Reporting Form
ONLINE INCIDENT REPORTING CRITERIA AND DIRECTIONS
Is this an emergency or occurring now? If the answer is yes, Dial 9-1-1 or call (720) 652-4222.
Welcome to the Fort Lupton Police Department Online Reporting System. This reporting system will allow you to submit a police report on-line, and after your report has been received, you will have the opportunity to discuss the case with an officer and get the case number. Please read all of the instructions below before beginning your report.
Criteria for submitting an online crime report. An online police report can be filed if the following are true. (All online criminal reports will be inactive unless further information develops.)
• The incident occurred within the city limits of Fort Lupton.
• There are no known suspects or available investigative leads.
• The incident is not a traffic accident.
• The incident did not involve a gun.
• No evidence was left at the scene that could be collected and examined by police.
• If the incident does not meet the criteria listed above, call the non-emergency number for the Weld County Communications Center. (720) 652-4222.
• Information Report - A tip or information about suspicious or potentially dangerous activity that the reporting person has personally observed or is aware of. Examples of “Information Only” reports include: drug tips, general traffic complaints (does not include traffic accidents), or graffiti. This type of report will be shared with the appropriate city staff for the response that is appropriate.
• Crime Report – A “crime report” is the formal reporting of a crime. Crime reports can only be filed online by the victim of the crime and only if the incident meets the criteria listed under “Criteria for Submitting an Online Crime Report”, above. You should expect being contacted by an officer for information verification and discussion of case status and leads. Ensure that a good contact phone number is included in your reporting.