High Plains Library District offers more than just books with our Specialty Checkout service. Need a laptop? You can get one from your library. Need internet service? Get it from your library!
You must have a resident library card. CLC, Limited access or eAccess card holders are not eligible for Specialty Checkout service. If this is your first time using Specialty Checkout, take a look at our Quick Guide.
- You must have a valid email address
- You must have a resident library card. CLC, Limited access or eAccess card holders are not eligible for Specialty Checkout service.
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must have less than $7.50 in fines/fees on your library account.
- Items check out for a 7-day period (beginning on the start reservation date).
- Your reservation start date must be at least 7 days after today’s date.
- You can have 2 active reservations per month, per item type, but you may only check out 1 of each item type at a time (i.e. 1 laptop, 1 park pass, 1 telescope).
- The person who made the reservation, must be the person picking up the item.
- You can return items on or before the end reservation day.
- You can pick up and return your item during open library hours.
- You must return the item to a staff member at the library you checked it out from.
- You might be asked to remove an item from its case as part of the check-in procedure. This is to reduce the need for staff to handle items before they’ve been quarantined.
- Items will be more thoroughly examined after they’ve been quarantined for 72 hours, so if an item was damaged in a way that wasn’t immediately apparent, you may still hear back from us sometime in the 5-7 days following your return.
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions and the one-on-one nature of a Specialty Checkout, a mask is required to check out and return these items.
- You must bring a photo ID and your library card to check out your item.
- Reservation(s) are effective for 24 hours. Item(s) must be checked out within the 24-hour hold time. (For example: If you reserve a laptop for 10:00 am on Monday, you must pick up the item by 9:59 am on Tuesday. At 10:00 am on Tuesday, your reservation is automatically cancelled). No exceptions. Item(s) can be picked up any time during the 24-hour hold time.